Go to the beach in England and enjoy the water at 25 degrees? Yes, of course. In Jersey! Jersey is an english island, near to the french coast. One can reach it in 1h 30 by ferry (online information and reservation here) from Saint Malo and discover it in one day or more. Change of surroundings guaranteed: the inhabitants are english and prove it with their language and currency. Tax heaven, Jersey is rich and its isolated geographic situation does not correlate with its connection to the international business market.
Besides being a financial place, it is also nice for its landscape and beaches.
Good to know:
- the new bus lines are very practical for a day trip. With the bus you can reach all place on the island from Saint Helier, take a day ticket! (online website here)
- One can find very nice pearls at the Jersey pearls shops.
- For a good start in the day after taking the ferry so early, take a british breakfast at Rosie’s tea room (behind the central market in Saint Helier)
- If you like the English style, Saint Helier is a good spot for shopping. For the home interior decoration interested, a Mark&Spencer Home shop is on the way between the harbor and the city center…
- If you are motorcycle rider, take your engine with you on the ferry: plenty of small curvy roads let you drive around the whole island.
Quitting Saint Malo early in the morning…
In Saint Helier, the capital of the Island:
After taking the bus, in the harbor of Mont Orgueil Castle:
Here are a lot of good restaurants. If you visited Saint Helier in the morning, take the bus to Mont Orgueil Castle and have a lunch there: good food, nice view, not so crowded as the capital.
The afternoon, we enjoyed the warm water of the Channel in August, on the very long beach on the west side of Saint Helier.
Photo credits: These pictures are mine, so link it to this website if you want to use it. Respect my property!